The New York and Brooklyn Bridge Railway began cable car service in September, 1883 from the Park Row Terminal in Manhattan to the original Brooklyn Bridge RR Terminal.
This image shows the Fulton El Terminal at the Ferry Terminal and the original Brooklyn Elevated Railway terminal under the Brooklyn Bridge.
The BRT / Long Island RR steam connection at Fflatbush Ave provided the LIRR with a connection to the original Brooklyn Bridge El Terminal
and the BRT access to the LIRR ROW to Rockaway.
The Flatbush Ave Junction to the LIRR is seen next to the new LIRR terminal under construction.
A new underground electrified LIRR Terminal will replace the surface terminal.
The steam El train went down an incline to join the LIRR ROW.
This 1910 panaoramic view of the Fulton Ferry El Terminal and the Brooklyn Bridge shows that the original El terminal had been removed by that time.
The Boadway El
The Broadway Ferry Elevated RR Station
The Broadway Ferry Slip was the Brooklyn side of Grand St Ferry service
1920's view of the Broadway El Ferry Terminal and the two track structure, showing the former two track terminal reduced to a single track. Later the entire line would be reduced to a single track. Once the Broadway El was connected to the Williamsburg Bridge opened in 1908, the Ferry and the El Terminal became redundant. However, the BRT and BMT continued to serve the community with El shuttle service from the Marcy Ave Station until WWII. The intermediate station on the Ferry line at Driggs Ave was replaced by a trolley stop on the bridge.
A steam Era image of a Forney locomotive at the Broadway El Ferry Terminal at Kent St
and a portion of a Joint LIRR/BRT Timetable showing service from Broadway Ferry to Rockaway.